The Benefits of Social Media Marketing
Social media is a great tool to use when marketing your offers. Acting so, you’re performing Social Media Marketing.
However, before you decide which social media platform will best fit the marketing of your offers, you need to figure out your goals.
From there you need to decide on what strategies will best fit the goals you have in place.
Social media provides a wide range of benefits to you and your offers. Here is a list of just a few.
- it’s free to sign up,
- Sell your products directly to your customers,
- Your business gains more awareness,
- Build relationships with people, including your customers. Having deeper relationships with your customers ensures they will come back,
- You get to know potential business partners,
- It helps establish you as an expert in your specific niche.
This popular social media site allows registered users to create profiles, share photos and videos, send messages and keep in touch with followers.
It’s recommended to create a page for your business and use it to promote your offers rather than use your personal profile.
Invite your friends to like your business’s Facebook page and grow your page by posting interesting things that you have to offer. Your followers will like and share those posts.
With the “liking” and “sharing” feature on Facebook, this social media platform is a great way to grow your business.
Instagram (also known as IG) is a photo and video sharing app available on mobile devices (Apple iOS, Android and Windows Phone). It’s owned by Facebook.
You can upload photos and videos to the service and share them with your followers or with a select group of your friends.
After people follow your account, your content shows up in their feed.
Users can engage publicly by commenting, liking or sharing your content.
Individuals today take pleasure in being visually stimulated, which makes a social network that is entirely based upon image sharing so efficient.
Twitter allows registered users to post and interact with short messages called “tweets”.
Tweeting is sending short messages to anyone who follows you.
Some of the right ways to get genuine followers:
- Tweet valuable content,
- Interact with other users by mentioning, retweeting, and liking their tweets,
- Tweet frequently,
- Use trending hashtags.
Pinterest describes itself as: “Pinterest is where people discover new ideas and find inspiration to do the things they love!”, rather than as an image-based social network.
So, this is a great website to use if you have great pictures to share with others.
Pinterest has 2 major concepts:
- Pins: ideas people find and save from around the web. Each Pin links back to the website it was saved from. If you click through the Pin you can learn more about it—like how to make it or where to buy it,
- Boards: pins are saved to boards, keeping your ideas organized and easy to find.
A business account allows several features: the analytics dashboard, the ability to advertise, rich pins, etc.
You may not think of this platform as being social but if you develop a good amount of subscribers, your business will gain popularity.
YouTube is a popular video sharing service. It’s owned by Google.
Anyone can watch, like, share, and comment videos.
Registered users can upload their own videos and get access to many features to manage and monetize their channel.
Create Your Google Account (If you don’t have one)
How to Create Your Youtube Account? (With your Google Account)
LinkedIn describes itself as: “LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network with hundreds of millions of members, and growing rapidly. Our mission is to connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful.”.
LinkedIn allows members to create profiles and “connections” to each other.
Members can invite anyone to become a connection.
This social media site is a great tool for networking with other business professionals you may benefit from getting a partnership out of.
- 500 Social Media Marketing Tips – Andrew Macarthy
- Social Media Marketing Workbook – Jason McDonald
- Freakishly Effective Social Media for Network Marketing – Ray Higdon